CR Hollis is a collection of original designs, reworked vintage, embroidery and textile art by Portland, OR (Multnomah, Kathlamet, Clackamas, Chinook, Tualatin Kalapuya and Molalla Native land) based artist Courtney Hollis.
As a human who moves through the world with a great deal of playfulness, tenderness, and intention, I hope to translate that through the things I make. Much of my inspiration comes from unconventional color pairings and simple geometric form.
No matter what I do in this life, it feels important to me that my efforts feed back into my community, create as little waste as possible, and center around living thoughtfully.
Within this pursuit, I want to always remain open to change, criticism and growth. To ensure that exploitation and destruction are not defining points of my production, and to support a mission of care through stewardship to one another and the Earth.
A few tenets I’d like to carry through here:
- Make things to last. Invest in quality materials and artisanship. Create things that are made to use again and again.
- Limit waste. This echoes the first goal, but to go even deeper I'd like to find ways to incorporate fabric scraps into new designs and donate unused fabrics or samples to community members in need.
- Invest in fair labor practices and costing transparency with my customers.
- Collaborate with and support other artists creating thoughtfully and reinvesting in their communities.
- Inclusivity and equal representation in size, price, gender, orientation, and color.
For custom work or collaboration inquiries please email firstname.lastname@example.org